Pages

July 22, 2005

In memory of "John-John" Hodges

I couldnt sleep last night. I paced around and watched late night TV shows at my friends house untill I just passed out on the couch from sheer exhaustion.
I lost a kid yesterday.
He was 18 years old and had just graduated high school and on his way to start school at the local Junior College. He and his friends got side swiped by a drunk driver doing ninty on a surface street. John was thrown from the car and died on impact.
If there is one thing that my personality is geared towards is fixing things, whether its cars, or electrical, or peoples lives or broken relationships, I want to fix them. But I cant fix this. All I could do was hug his mom as she burried her head and cried into my shoulder. All I could do was cry too.
It would be easy to blame God. No parent should have to burry their kid. But this world is broken, fallen and diseased and as followers of Christ it is our job to take up His mandated from Colosians 1, reconciling the world and others to the Father, throught the Son, by the work of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: