Pages

December 10, 2006

Then there was evening and morning. The third day...

Im a little late in getting this up.
All sorts of thoughts going through my head.

Church this morning.
Thought Gary was going to anounce my stepping down.
People still are expecting "Pastor Adam" or at least "Get it done Adam"
Pastor Adam is okay.

Like anyone could stop me from pastoring, tending and instructing.

Maybe my real issue is filling time with stuff that Pastors are "supposed to do" without ever doing the real work of a pastor. Like working the angles of prayer, scripure and Godly mentoring.

Maybe sometimes I am a bad friend. I went to a friends house tonight. Totally went to bless them and cook them dinner in the midst of holiday busyness. But as I was leaving, I was struck with the fact that another of my friends who is looking to be blessed, has asked for it, I feel unable to bless. Things that would totally knock my socks off dont work for him and at this point I feel unable to accomplish this task. Can people be too different? I dont know. We seem to have different views on everything from ministry to family life to how friendships should even function.

Forced together by involvement in the same ministry, held together by one touch point, conflicts ensue, Christ, the scriptures, the Holy Spirit, and when nessisary other counsilers were needed to keep us together. Remove that touch point and what happens? Do we cease to be friends? Many words spoken, but less action is taken. There isnt hate or apathay. Theres love and care and excitement, just it seems that there is a moving appart.

Where should the heart of a Son be?

Trying to hold on?- Keeping to the biblical principles of unity, and embracing the pain of misunderstandings?

Letting go? Loosing a friend to the fact that we are both growing in differant directions? Embracing the pain of a lost friendship?

Somewhere in the middle? Trying to keep a little of both to excape both extrems of pain?

Something different that I havent even thought of?

No comments: